Frequently Asked Questions
It will reconvene the 67th AGM on Saturday, January 9th, 2021 at 1:30 p.m. We encourage those members/owners who wish to participate (for example: view the 67th AGM, review reports, pose questions, vote) to pre-register by midnight on Friday, January 8th, 2021. Those members who have previously pre-registered for the 67th AGM will not be required to do so again.
- The 67th AGM will be held at the Head Office, Neal & Massy Credit Union Co-operative Society Limited, #15-17 Borde Street, PORT OF SPAIN
- Members and specially invited guests of the Board will not be permitted to attend the meeting at the Head Office of Neal & Massy Credit Union (NMCU) Co-operative Society Limited but may attend and participate via a live Webcast.
- All members of NMCU are eligible to attend the 67th Annual General Meeting (AGM).
- This year, however due to the restrictions associated with the COVID-19 Pandemic, the meeting will be held entirely Online.
- Members wishing to participate in the 67th AGM are required to pre-register to attend, and must do so no later than Friday 8th January, 2021 by 4:00 p.m.
Yes, each member of a household that is a Member of NMCU must register separately. The parent email address can be used for minors for who do not have their own email address.
Members will receive a message indicating that their data and required documents have been successfully submitted:
You have successfully submitted your required information.
NMCU will now complete the requisite verification process and once completed, you will receive further communication
After a Member
- The Member will submit data as part of a verification process; and
- NMCU will then authenticate the Member.
Once a Member has been authenticated:
- Members will receive reminder email(s) about the date of the AGM
- He/She will eventually receive an email with logon credentials.
To recap, Members will be provided with reminder emails and eventually their logon credentials and a meeting invite for the secure meeting link after they pre-register and are authenticated for the 67th AGM.
- Members will be provided with reminder emails and eventually their logon credentials and a meeting invite for the secure meeting link after they pre-register and are authenticated for the 67th AGM
- Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
To successfully attend the Online/Virtual AGM, members will typically need the following:
- Stable access to the internet
- An Internet enabled device (smartphone, tablet, desktop, or laptop) with working speakers and a microphone (camera optional)
- An active email address
- A quiet place from which to logon
- The suggested timeframe is approximately Two and a half (2 1/2) hours
- Meeting time: 1:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Please contact us email@example.com
- Questions may be asked in accordance with the AGM’s Standing Orders.
- Members can type their question in the meeting chat.
- We are also encouraging Members to post questions prior to the date of the 67th AGM. Questions can be posted using the NMCU 67th AGM Webpage or through our available communication channels. Responses to those questions will be sent in a timely manner to ALL Members.
The Online system will provide the functionality for members to vote by selecting the appropriate voting buttons to choose a candidate(s) of their choice.
Yes. All members are eligible to vote
- A Dividend is normally payable only if a Resolution for the payment and percentage dividend is approved by the members in attendance at an AGM;
- Earlier this year, the Commissioner for Co-operative Development’s (CCD) office considered, and finally approved a provision where subject to their individual approval, Credit Unions who meet certain criteria can make an interim Dividend payment of up to 75% of the Dividend that is proposed by the Credit Union;
- NMCU has already paid an interim Dividend that consists of 75% of the proposed Dividend for the Financial Year ending December 31st, 2019. Hence, the remaining 25% of the proposed Dividend will be paid shortly after Members in attendance at the 67th AGM approve a Resolution for the Dividend.